Do you love the original Nemesis but have at least one sporting friend? The Nemesis Tandem may be for you: Essentially a longer Nemesis with two seats, one behind the other, the Tandem maintains the unique formula car ethos, just like the single-seater Nemesis, but lets you bring along a friend for double the fun!
The idea of an inline formula car isn't really as new as you might think. As early as 1998, McLaren built an inline 2-seater formula car based on F1 architecture. The Yas Marina F1 circuit has a program for people to ride in an ex-Minardi F1 car converted to an inline 2-seater. And of course, the Mario Andretti Driving Experience still gives rides in their inline 2-seat Indy-style car.
So the concept is well-known, and proven in extremely fast cars.
Like the F1 and Indycar-based cars, the Nemesis Tandem shares the same architecture as the original single-seater Nemesis, so the same strong chassis, billet aluminum suspension and uprights, drivetrain configuration, etc that make the original Nemesis so exciting are all there in the Nemesis Tandem.
There's more room than you might think for the back seat passenger, and it's relatively easy to get in and out of the car. If you convert your Nemesis for the street, you can bring along a friend to share the experience. If you are running a race school, the Tandem gives prospective students a great taste of what performance driving is all about, while minimizing risk to the student.
If you crave the look-- and the performance-- of a formula car for the street or track, the Nemesis Tandem may be just the car for you. And one best friend at a time!
- Drive: Two seats, inline, center position
- Overall Length: 160" (minus wings)
- Width: 72"
- Height: 44"
- Wheelbase: 110" tandem
- Wheels: 17" x 9.5"
- Weight: 1,250 lbs. typical
- Weight Distribution: 45% front, 55% rear (typical, depends on drivetrain and other choices)
- Ground Clearance: 4"
- Drivetrain Configuration: Mid-engine rear drive
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 10 gallons total
- Suspension: Billet machined aluminum uprights and control arms
- Chassis Construction: Steel tube, fully TIG-welded
- Body Construction: GRP (fiberglass)