Aero Drivetrain Specs
Katech takes a GM LS3 crate engine and prepares the intake for reverse configuration, installs Katech rod bolts and a Dailey 3-stage dry sump system. They then ensure that all of the engines have equal performance characteristics by validating them on a dynometer, before applying engine seals to make tampering evident.
- Bore: 4.065”
- Stroke: 3.622”
- Displacement: 376ci/6.2L
- Horsepower: 380 (restricted)
- Torque: 405
- Redline: 6,600 RPM
- CR: 10.7:1
- Block: LS3 aluminum
- Crankshaft: LS3 cast iron
- Connecting rods: LS3 forged powdered metal with ARP rod bolts
- Pistons: LS3 cast hypereutectic aluminum
- Camshaft: LS3
- Cylinder heads: LS3
- Valves: LS3 hollow stem intake, solid exhaust
- Induction: LS3
- Oiling system: Dailey 3-stage dry sump system
- Accessories: ATI damper
The Aero comes equipped with a 6-speed, fully synchronized Graziano transaxle with the same gearing as an Audi R8. The transaxle has a factory limited slip unit, and is designed for a much heavier car with more power, so transaxle life in the Aero should be exemplary.
With the stock final drive of 3.462, the table below shows the gear ratios and speeds in gears for a 6,600 RPM redline, with a standard 325/30/19 tire or the Hoosier A7 or R7 equivalent.